Sweet Potato Chickpea Tacos
This is another creative recipe I came up with a unique blend of flavor! There's honestly a million ways to make tacos, can come up with so many creative ideas. This is great for people of a Kapha and Pitta constitution. Chickpeas and corn can be very drying which increase internal dryness leading to more constipation and bloating in high Vata individuals. They can be very beneficial however for those that need more astringent qualities to properly digest and assimilate food.
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Medium Sweet Potato Peeled, Chopped into Sm. Cubes
1/2 Cup Chickpeas (Drained & Rinsed from Can or Soaked Prior)
2 Cups Shredded Kale
Fresh Squeeze Lemon Juice
Rock Salt & Pepper to Season
Hemp Seeds (optional)
Roasted Kale Chips
Note: Make sure kale is very dry after washing before roasting.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Massage kale with coconut oil, season with salt, pepper and squeeze of lemon juice.
3. Spread a thin layer on pan and bake for 12 minutes. May require additional cooking until more crisp.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Coat sweet potatoes and chickpea in olive oil, season with salt and pepper, splash of lemon juice.
3. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
3. Dab a few drops water on the corn tortillas and warm in pan.
4. Spread sunflower butter on tortillas and top with roasted chickpeas, sweet potatoes, kale and hemp seeds.