Roasted Parsnip and Cauliflower Soup
I started experimenting with parsnips lately and came up with this soup recipe! This has become one of my favorite meals to make for the fall/winter season. I find parsnips have a natural kick of spice to them, paired with garlic and paprika, it really helped to open up my sinus passages.
1 tsp Olive Oil
3 Cloves Crushed Garlic
1 Small Head of Cauliflower Chopped (around 3 cups)
3 Medium Parsnips Peeled and Chopped
1 Small White Onion Chopped
1 tsp Dried Thyme
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds or Powder
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
Black Pepper & Rock Salt
1 tsp Lemon Juice
4 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
2 Cups Water
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Coat cauliflower and parsnips in olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
3. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in bottom of large stockpot. Add garlic and onions, cook several minutes until fragrant and translucent.
4. Toss in the roasted cauliflower and parsnips. Add remaining spices and lemon juice.
5. Pour in broth and water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
6. Blend everything in a blender. Add more salt, pepper and/or lemon juice if needed to adjust flavor.
7. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and touch of paprika.